Tuesday, July 20, 2010

#111 The Lady Elizabeth: A Novel by Alison Weir

Alison Weir is an amazing historical fiction writer.  I love her work!

Not much of a synopsis is really needed on this one, it is based on Queen Elizabeth before she became Queen.

Elizabeth was the daughter of Henry the VIII and Anne Boleyn.  There are considerable gaps with what is known to be fact about her and what were rumors.  This one took into account that certain rumors of an inappropriate relationship with a surrogate stepfather as fact. 

I find this time period fascinating.  What a horrible life people had back then all based on what religion they chose to practice.  I mean the normal citizens were expected to change based on the monarch's whim.  Elizabeth herself was always in a very precarious position up until she became Queen, for the main reason of who her mother was.

This was another wonderful book by Ms. Weir and I highly recommend it.  It was A+ in my eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment