Tuesday, July 20, 2010

#112, I Love You, Beth Cooper by Larry Doyle

This is one that has been on my TBR list for a while, and I had totally forgotten it was made into a movie until my niece reminded me. 

Simple premise, the valedictorian at a high school, Denis, declares his love for one of the coolest girls in the school, Beth.  Afterwards her boyfriend commences trying to kill him.  In the meantime Beth seeks him out and for one night they hang out along with her two best friends and his best friend.   Throughout this night while he is hanging out with Beth her boyfriend Kevin is a constant presence and continually beating the crap out of Denis. 

How Denis managed to stay out of the emergency room is beyond me. 

It was cute book, not great though.  I would put this on par with "Revenge of the Nerds" which I am probably showing my age by even referencing!  I'm not sure whether I want to see the movie or not after reading this.  I would give it a C.

No comments:

Post a Comment