Thursday, August 5, 2010

#116 Rickles' Letters by Don Rickles

Let me start off by saying, what I saw of his comedy acts were mostly reruns on TV in the late 70's but I always thought he was so funny.  I enjoyed the way he could insult someone and not get punched!  I also knew he was someone I never wanted to meet in real life.

That being said I did have high hopes for the book.  I was a bit disappointed to find out the letters were never sent, just ones he made up for the book.  I think that really took away from it.  As I am reading all these insults to people I am thinking I could do it too since I never had to send them to the people.

I think what made him funny wasn't always what he said, but the reactions he provoked from others and that was impossible to capture in this book.

It was a quick read, took me less than an hour.  But it wasn't enjoyable for me.  I would have to give this one a D.

No comments:

Post a Comment