Sunday, August 8, 2010

#117 The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler

I haven't read a lot of Jane Austen so I wasn't sure how I would like this, but it was pretty good.  It wasn't a favorite, but I'm glad I read it. 

I want to state that I have not seen the movie and by the cast showing on the cover, not sure I want too.  To me none of them look like Bernadette, the older person of the group in her sixties and a riot!

I don't have a lot to say about this book.  Five women and one man meet each month to talk about a different Jane Austen book.  Through these meetings you learn all of their personal stories. 

I felt sorry for the only man of the group, Grigg.  It seems he tries so hard, but there is a bit of resistance to him by all the members of the group.  Even while they try to not like him, they also really do like him. 

It was an interesting book, but I can't really imagine the movie for it.  I would give this one a C!

No comments:

Post a Comment