Monday, August 23, 2010

#127 The Court of Common Pleas: A Novel

From the Barnes and Noble site:

At sixty-three, Judge Gregory Brennan is on the brink of retirement. With his youngest daughter headed for college, he envisions traveling abroad, basking in a repose that his demanding career has not allowed, with his wife, Audrey, at his side. But Audrey has other ambitions. At forty-nine, she sees the mythic empty nest as an opportunity to explore her own potential — as a medical student. When Audrey reveals her plans, Gregory is overwhelmed, and he emotionally retreats, causing a rift that neither one of them ever anticipated.



Marshall has been praised for her insight into the complexities of modern marriage, capturing it as “an institution about competing needs and shifting wants” (Baltimore Sun). In THE COURT OF COMMOM

I removed any kind of review of the book which was the first and last sentence because they were good reviews.  I did not care for this book at all.  I felt it very tedious and quite simply boring.  I did not find any of the characters intriguing.  There are books where you don't like the characters, but to me in this book the characters were blah.  Even in books where the characters aren't likable I can get caught up in their story to a certain degree, but with these two I could have cared less what happened to them.

This one I hate to do it but its an F.

No comments:

Post a Comment