Thursday, June 10, 2010

Secret Lives of Husbands and Wives by Josie Brown

#87 of by 2010 210 book challenge. I picked this one since I have fallen a bit behind thinking of it more as "fluff" so a quick read. I like the so called "chick-lit" books sometimes, but here lately I haven't been in the mood for them.

However I have to say I really enjoyed this one. It's an interesting premise.

Lyssa is married to a man who isn't in love with her anymore than she is with him, but has made a "contented" life with him in a upscale gossipy neighborhood. Meanwhile neighbors Harry and DeeDee are splitting up and Harry becomes more of a stay at home dad to take care of the kids. Lyssa runs into him in the park and helps him out. They become fast friends. Of course Harry is asbsolutely gorgeous to all the neighborhood women. They all make some sort of play for him and his attention in some way, except for Lyssa.

While Lyssa is helping Harry navigate through parenting, school issues and the neighborhood he helps her find strength as well. Before she knows it she is standing up to the group of nitpicking gossipy women and meets some of the other neighbors that were excluded from the "it" group.

The story really had a lot more depth than I expected from it. I don't know if it was really great, but since I wasn't expecting a lot I really enjoyed it. It was an enjoyable and easy read.

No comments:

Post a Comment