Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wives Behaving Badly by Elizabeth Buchan

Book #91 for 2010!!  This was a sequel to Revenge of the Middle-Aged Woman.  I vaguely remember reading Revenge, but wasn't quite sure of it.  Of course as I got into this book I quickly remembered Revenge.

We have all read about mistresses and husbands leaving their wife of many years for the mistress, but this takes it further.  This shows what happens after they are married for a few years. 

In this case the ex-wife Rose, has moved on to the extreme with a better life than ever.  The stepchildren have never accepted the new wife, Minty.  And the husband, Nathan is remorseful, especially as he sees Minty with their twins.  He is shocked that Minty is not more loving with the children.

I thought it was a good "after" picture.  The only one truly happy is the ex-wife Minty and Nathan both betrayed.  That serves to make Minty even more bitter.  I can't help but enjoy the irony of it all.

So anyway, I liked this book it was a quick read and funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment